Easter weekend was great! Time together with family, conference and of course Chocolate. How could you not love this weekend! Friday started out great...headed to Mom and Dad's for activities and supper around 2:30. The Easter bunny was good to us big kids too and we had fun watching the little ones decorate Easter cookies and eggs. Then a hunt for treats and presents from Nana and Grandpa and playing outside. Dinner was great...all our favorites and Mom is a fantastic cook. That was my first few pounds of the weekend. Darryl and Heather were sick and we were sad to miss a few members of their family but it was a good day. no kids fighting, hitting crying it was amazing with 9 under four years of age.
Saturday we laid low..had a great lazy day...did some cleaning and some errands nothing special. Then mom came to help me make cream puffs for my Easter dinner I was hosting. she also helped me with some bunny duties as I prepared for the next morning. And then it began. Hudson was up screaming with what i assumed to be ear aches. He has been suffering from these lately. Its funny how each child has a weakness or Achilles heal that leaves their little bodies no fighting chance. Then got him settled..around 12:30...hid chocolates, finished wrapping little gifts and hid them too..I crawl into bed and I hear Everett up to go to the washroom which is sooooo odd for him as I swear he is part Camel. and then he throw up and throws up and throws up every half hour right through till about 4 am. He falls asleep as the make shift heating bag seems to be working. Then Hudson up for a feed and a cry settle him down and it is 5:15 and I sleep between 2 sick boys and a husband. Not a fun night but awake to a little man saying "hey they're stuff all over the floor". by stuff could he mean the trail of chocolate eggs from their rooms downstairs that I now am not sure if they still resemble a trail after going up and sown the stairs all night. It was not the best Easter morning we have had....Everett not lifting his head off the pillow while I searched for his eggs...Hudson who is too tiny to get his own but would really love to get his hands on it and Nolen who is sooo cute it takes him forever to find some. I love their innocence. They are real and alive and life all though crazy and hectic is precious! I prepare for dinner for 20 and nursing little ones...
The day far from perfect it was fun to listen to conference with lots of family by our side and enjoy Family for its true nature. To enjoy Easter..the amazing sacrifice of the lord and the yummy treats too, Family and food and laughter and just crazy life.
Fiona's Epic 13th Birthday
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment